Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

We Have A New Name!

This morning, as I do most mornings, I had the joy of basking in the warmth of the Gospel.  As I read the daily blog of Scotty Smith he reminded me of an amazing truth.  It's recorded in Isaiah 43:1-5. The particular ray of sunshine that brought Gospel-saturated joy to my heart was this verse: “But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine” (Isaiah 43:1, ESV). [Emphasis Mine]

Scotty Smith prayerfully writes, "As you have spoken clearly through Isaiah, you created us and are redeeming us, all for your glory. You summoned us by name, calling us to life in the gospel. You gave us a new name—'Mine'."

Perhaps this the new name written down in glory!   For those of us who have faith in Christ Jesus, who by virtue are Abraham's children and heirs of God's promises to believing Israel -- we can have this confidence that as He considers us today, He calls us by a new name: YOU-ARE-MINE!  What joy!

Loved with everlasting love,
Led by grace that love to know;
Gracious Spirit from above,
Thou hast taught me it is so!
O this full and perfect peace!
O this transport all divine!
In a love which cannot cease,
I am His, and He is mine.
In a love which cannot cease,
I am His, and He is mine. [1]


 
____________________________________________________

1. http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/i/a/m/iamhisah.htm

No comments: