Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Heaven is Real, But the Book and the Movie Aren't!

A few years ago some excited Christians gave me this book.  They claimed it gave them encouragment and hope for heaven. At that time I thought, "Isn't that what the Bible is for?"  Anyway, setting aside my cynicism I tried to read the book. I quickly set it aside as uninteresting, unedifying and untrue.   My views of this book did not make friends and influence people.

I get to write this blog today because I learned that the real mother of the real boy agrees with me. (I love it when people agree with me.) Here's an excerpt of an letter she sent to Hank Hanegraaff:

"Dear Hank, 
 My name is Beth Malarkey. I am the mom of Alex Malarkey who is the subject of the book, The Boy Who Came Back from HeavenI wanted to let you know that I agree, as does Alex himself, that the book is deceptive and biblically wrong…Thank you for standing for and teaching truth! Says Beth, “These heaven books are dangerous and destructive!” [Emphasis is mine.]
To read more of Hank Hannegraff's article click HERE.  It is well worth your time to read the heartache and thoughts of this boy's mother.  Typically people know that many Christians are gullible and lack discernment, so they continue to produce books that hit the bestseller's list. Humbly here is my maxim:  If it  is FAVORED by many; it has many FLAWS.  The Gospel is not popular.   Truth is not popular.   Do not be deceived.
Tim Challies is right: "If you struggle believing what the Bible says, but learn to find security in the testimony of a toddler, well, I feel sorry for you. And I do not mean this in a condescending way. If God’s Word is not sufficient for you, if the testimony of his Spirit, given to believers, is not enough for you, you will not find any true hope in the unproven tales of a child. This hope may last for a moment, but it will not sustain you, it will not bless you, in those times when hope is waning and times are hard."
May God grant the Church discernment!



No comments: