Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Never Stop Needing!

Psalm 119:169-176,

169 May my cry come before you, Lord; give me understanding according to your word.
170 May my supplication come before you; deliver me according to your promise.
171 May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees.
172 May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous.
173 May your hand be ready to help me, for I have chosen your precepts.
174 I long for your salvation, Lord, and your law gives me delight.
175 Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me.
176 I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.

Father the most godly, most pious follower of Your will and Your way needs You. Indeed command what you will but will in me what You command. Birth in me the prayers, the cries and the praise. Father You alone are my hope and my help. Sometimes, my praise and my pleas are all in the same cry -- for that describes my relationship with You. I never stop needing to worship You; and I never stop needing Your help. The purpose of my life is to glorify You. I understand that as living according to Your Word and to the praise of Your Name. Let me live for that purpose. Any other goal is empty.


No comments: