Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pray, Go!

Some passages of Scripture hardly let you catch your breath.  I noted in 2 Corinthians 5:17–18 (ESV), Paul didn't skip a beat from: you are a new creation; and (bang!) you have a ministry -- a ministry of reconciliation.

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.
 
I'd love to throw in some Bible School and personal development in there.   In Luke 10 your same breath is taken away.  Note:
 

Pray and go!   Isn't that the essence of true prayer?  Sovereignty and responsibility.  This causes me to evaluate my prayer life.  I wonder if the essence of my praying isn't a subtle way of getting God (or others) to do what I don't want to do?  

No comments: