Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Isolate Yourself; Insulate Yourself.

Last week (March 23-29) something changed in my thinking, my speech and my attitude. I needed to except some correction. From God’s Word I preached this to myself:

1. The matter of first importance, start every day seeking the filling of God’s Spirit, with the purpose to do His will and not be foolish; and use all my time wisely (Ephesians 5:16-18);

2. Everywhere I look I see the sign: COVID-19. It dominates my devices.  It fills the news (24-7) and sadly it is the exclusive agenda of every conversation. The Bible calls me to think about these things: whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise (Philippians 4:8). There is an addictive element to the news. Limit your news intake.

3. The affect of becoming fixated, obsessed with this event is to become self-absorbed. “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” (Galatians 6:10 (ESV)).

One could add many other great ways to insulate yourself from the spiritual harm of this fixation. Pray. Worship. Serve. Insulate yourself as you isolate yourself.


No comments: