Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Bible Reading Plan 2015

There's a lot of chatter on social media and the blogisphere regarding New Year's resolutions including Bible Reading Plans. Here's a few links that I've noted:

1.  Tim Challies, one of my favorite Christian bloggers has a helpful article HERE

2.  Southern Seminary has some really good advice HERE. 

3.  Matt Chandler's Church, The Village Church has a good "why" article HERE.

4.  Desiring God challenges our application to Bible reading HERE.

My plan is to go back to an old favorite.  This past year I primarily blogged on some important books of the Bible such as Revelation, Galatians and Zechariah.  This formed part of my devotional life and my prayer life.   But this year I go back to a Bible that I've gone through at least 3 times.  It's called THE DAILY BIBLE, by F. LaGard Smith.  It is in the New International Version.  It is a chronological Bible.  The arrangement of the Bible text itself is unique:
  • 365 convenient daily readings guide readers through all of God's Word in one year.
  • Passages are arranged chronologically, enabling readers to understand and experience God's unfolding plan of creation, redemption, and restoration like never before.
  • Proverbs and Ecclesiastes are displayed topically in order to highlight specific aspects of God's wisdom.
The only difference for me this year will be that I'm reading it in a digital format.  This enables me to make notes, journal and blog with greater ease.  I love the chronological Bible because it enables me to keep the Big Picture in mind.  I commend it to you. 

The point is that there is no shorter of resources. What better book to read, study, and obey than God's Word? “And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.” (1 Thessalonians 2:13, NIV)
 
 

No comments: