Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Gospel is an Accurate Mirror

THE TWO LIVES
C.H. Spurgeon

"Someone said the other day to a friend of mine, “I once went to hear Mr. Spurgeon, and when I went into the Tabernacle if you had asked me about myself I should have judged that I was as religious a man as ever lived in Newington, and as good a man, certainly, as ever made part of a congregation. All this was reversed when I heard the gospel that day. I came out of the place with every feather plucked out of me. I felt myself the most wretched sinner that could be on the face of the earth, and I said I will never go to hear that man again, for he has spoiled me altogether.” “Yes,” he said, “but that was the best thing that could have happened to me. I was made to look away from myself, and all that I could do, to God and to His omnipotent grace, and to understand that I must pass under my Creator’s hand again, or I could never see His face with joy.”"


______________________________________________
1. Spurgeon, C. H. (2000). According to Promise (electronic ed., p. 28). Escondito, CA: Ephesians Four Group.

No comments: