Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

Not A Resolution-Kind-Of-Guy!

I`m not a "New Year`s Resolution" kind-of-guy!  I never have been. I follow a "one-day-at-a-time" kind-of-lifestyle.  When it comes to rest and recreation I never run a 120 kilometers and hour waiting for that one-in-a-year holiday.  I think every day must have it's built in "sabbath(s)".  So too with resolutions!

Here's a daily regime of considerations that I think through and pray through every day -- every morning. God has graced me with the discipline to do this.  I am not always obedient to the ideals though.  But this is my high-water mark:

1. Repent of every known sin.
I will start this day by fully repenting of all known sin against God.
James 4:4–10
2. Forsake all questionable activities.
I will ask God to enable me to say “No” to every habit or activity I cannot be absolutely sure is approved of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31; Titus 2:11-12
3. Make right any wrongs to others.
I will try to correct any wrongs between myself and others.
Matthew 6:14–15
4. Commune with God in Prayer and be personally instructed in His Word
I will spend time with God in prayer and sincerely meditating on His Word
Psalm 119:107 & 1 Thessalonians 5:17
5. Trust God to use me as an encourager to others.
I will ask God (and expect that God) to use me as an effective instrument of revival in someone's life.
Psalm 51:10–13

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:34, ESV)



  

No comments: