Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Favorite iPhone Apps, etc.



Here are some of my favorite Apple Apps in no particular order:








1. Kindle Reader.  I have a Kindle.  I read a lot on Kindle.  Why?  Because they are cheaper. Every day Amazon gives deals on even Christian books.  There's a large selection and it automatically syncs across any device. I can read on my iPhone, put it down and pick up right where I left off on my laptop or back to my Kindle.  I also like that I won’t lose my library because my books are all stored on the web.



2. Feedly.  Feedly is my favorite blog reader. It helps me select some great blogs of Christian authors like Tim Challies and Justin Taylor, etc.  I also love the functionality to save articles for later or share them on Twitter, Facebook, or wherever.




3. Logos Bible Software.   I have used Logos for years on my PC.  Now they have come up with an iPhone App.  The iPhone app is actually called VYRSO.  Again I have access to hundreds of Bible translations and books, including reference books.   It synchronizes completely with my PC and devices.  Downloads are a breeze.  There are amazing reading programs available and helps. 


4. My PrayerMate.  This is a great tool to help me be disciplined and effective in my prayertime.  I schedule my family, friends and church folks in a way that I can be praying for everyone.  It's a great help to my prayer life.  There is a charge for this App but its worth it.  I think it's under $10.



5. I use Genius Scan to turn my iPhone into a pocket scanner. I use this app to go paperless at home and at church. So this app takes a pic of the document and exports it into a program that I use for wordprocessing called DocsToGo.  I also use it to immediately scan receipts so I don’t lose them.  


6. Skydrive is great.  I don't think it's better than other cloud type drives that save your work online, but it's the one I use. It is basically an online hard drive. I use it to back up all of my important files and documents. Simply drop your files in the folder on your desktop and it automatically syncs to your iPhone, PC, and the web. I also upload my sermons so I can work on them wherever I am if I have time.



7.  I use the Apple App for Podcasts and the other Apple features for my Calendar and Address Book. But all this is syncronized with iCloud.  When I'm at the computer I keep this open all the time.  Another neat thing with the Calendar app is if I schedule an appointment with someone I can send them (through iCloud) an automated email to remind them of our appointment. 


8. I Facebook and I Tweet.  A great App that helps send updates to both locations through one means is HootSuite.  Why do it twice when you can do it once!


9. Last but not least is I love the App for SKYPE.  My iPhone "skypes" really well.   With the iPhone ability to reverse the camera you can not only let the person see your face but you can let him or her see what you're doing, or what problem you have.  Love it!   







No comments: