Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Singing The Praises of Truth





Psalm 119:97–105 (NIV),




97 Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long. 
          98 Your commands are always with me and make me wiser than my enemies. 
        

 99 I have more insight than all my teachers, for I meditate on your statutes. 

100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts. 

                                 101 I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey your word. 
1
02 I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me. 

103 How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! 
          104 I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. 

105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Father it is clear that when I love your Word and I relish the taste of Your truth the end result will be a hatred of what's wrong.  Your Word is my guidance.  I pray for increased passion to love and cherish Your Word. What insight comes from this Your Word:  I must obey You so that I stay away from evil, but Lord I see that when I am engaged in evil it makes it hard to obey You. Grant me the grace of forsaking -- forsaking sin. Yes, at times I look at those opposed to me and wonder why they don't get it.  Sometimes I wonder why some people don't see it.  But it's Your grace to me that I should understand.  It is Your grace to me that when Your Word is before my eyes and my heart -- it is You who is teaching.  And Lord if You do not teach me through Your Word, I will not get taught.   Oh that we may all see this.  I also am aware that insight into Your Word is also the result of meditation and careful thought upon it.  May it be my food throughout the day, Oh God.   Oh may we all grasp the riches of  Your Word. May our palates delight in Your truth and may that lead to insight, caution, obedience and disdain of everything that is evil. Keep my passion in You and Your truth.  Without Your help I will wander.  



No comments: