Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Your Word Is Exalted.

Psalm 119:89–96 (NIV),


89 Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. 90 Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures. 91 Your laws endure to this day, for all things serve you. 

92 If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. 

93 I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life. 94 Save me, for I am yours; I have sought out your precepts. 95 The wicked are waiting to destroy me, but I will ponder your statutes. 

96 To all perfection I see a limit, but your commands are boundless.

Father: eternally established, secure, immovable, without end and without rival is Your Word. Your Word: the expression of Your infinite, all-wise, all-knowing mind.  There is none like You. There are good things all around me, but Your Word is perfection to the 'nth' degree without end. Your Word, like You, is sovereign.  Nothing dictates to Your decrees.  Your Word trumps all other competitors.  Your Word, Oh Lord, is my life and my life-jacket.  Without Your Word there would be no hope, no survival, no point.  To such greatness, my only suitable response will be, I will -- I will seek them, I will ponder them and I will not forget them. Help me, Father to be faithful to Your Word even as You are faithful in Your Word.  Amen.


No comments: