Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Human Brain.

And this is by chance?

“The human brain is heralded for its staggering complexity and processing capacity. Its hundred billion neurons and several-hundred-trillion synaptic connections can process and exchange large amounts of information over a distributed network of brain tissue in a matter of milliseconds. Such massive parallel-processing capacity permits our brains to analyze complex images in one-tenth of a second, allowing us to visually experience the richness of the world. Likewise, the storage capacity of the human brain is nearly infinite. During our life-time, our brain will have amassed 109 to 1020 bits of information, which is more than fifty-thousand times the amount of text contained in the U.S. Library of Congress, or more than five times the amount of the total printed material in the world!” [1]

King David wrote under the inspiration of God’s Word:

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” (Psalm 139:13–16, ESV)





[1] René Marois, “Capacity Limits of Information Processing in the Brain,” Phi Kappa Phi Forum, Winter 2005, quoted in Wilson, Andrew (2013-05-21). Incomparable: Explorations in the Character of God (Kindle Locations 398-399).

No comments: