Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Today's Sufficient Grace

Under the reign of Asa, king of Judah, a warning came to the king and the nation:

The Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded, and he went out to meet Asa and said to him, “Hear me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin: The Lord is with you while you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.” (2 Chronicles 15:1–2, ESV)

In verse 8 we read of Asa's response: “As soon as Asa heard these words, the prophecy of Azariah the son of Oded, he took courage and put away the detestable idols from all the land  . . ..” (2 Chronicles 15:8a, ESV).

Asa took courage by God's warning.  Thus we have the role of warnings to God's people.  The ungodly will mock or simply ignore the warnings of God. The godly will respond.  Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.” (John 10:27, ESV).


 
 

No comments: