Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Getting Back On Track

Psalm 119:57–64 (NIV),




57 You are my portion, Lord; I have promised to obey your words
              58 I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise
              59 I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes. 
60 I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands. 

             61 Though the wicked bind me with ropes, I will not forget your law.
             62 At midnight I rise to give you thanks for your righteous laws
             63 I am a friend to all who fear you, to all who follow your precepts. 
64 The earth is filled with your love, Lord; teach me your decrees.

Father every now and then, by Your grace, You bring me back to Bethel and I get to meet with You afresh.  Often it occurs after a failure.   Often I have become self-sufficient and self-satisfied and You have mercifully cut off my legs and made me realize that You alone are my treasure.   It is then that I recommit to seek Your face and follow Your commands.  After taking sufficient stock I intrinsically know that I must obey you toute de suite. I also know that to follow You will bring opposition, but it also binds birds of a like feather.  None of this resolve can be credited to my resume.  This is all of grace.  The truth is that when my self-centered eyes are open I am able to see testimony after testimony of Your covenant love. You continue to bring me back.  You continue to be faithful in my falter.  So keep teaching me Father.  In my heart of hearts I want to hear You, obey You, and live a life that expresses thankfulness to You.  







No comments: