Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Heart Flowing Out of the Mouth

Psalm 119:41–48 (NIV)


41 May your unfailing love come to me, Lord, your salvation, according to your promise; 42 then I can answer anyone who taunts me, for I trust in your word. 43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws. 44 I will always obey your law, for ever and ever. 45 I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. 46 I will speak of your statutes before kings and will not be put to shame, 47 for I delight in your commands because I love them. 48 I reach out for your commands, which I love, that I may meditate on your decrees.

Father, all that I am and all that I hope to accomplish is because of Your unfailing love, your mercy, Your chesed, Your covenant love that is faithful to Your promises.  Your grace runs through the entire canon of Scripture.  Your promises are new and fresh every morning.  I hope in so many things that don't amount to anything.  I hope in so many people who fail me in the end.  Lord, I fail so many people. I fail You. But Your faithfulness endures forever.  To have Your Law dwell richly in may enables me to speak with clarity, with freedom, with courage, and with confidence.  Today Father I pray that the words of my mouth, my speech, even in the context of derision or conflict will represent the wealth of Your words hidden in my heart.  May my mouth be simply a water tap that gushes the wellspring of Truth from Your Word.  May my speech reveal Who I love and What I love.  Again Father I need to say this to You, not for Your benefit, but for mine that anything good and wholesome that I say is all of Your great mercy to me.   All glory and all credit goes to You.  May Christ receive the acclaim and may those I meet receive the joy.  Amen! 

No comments: