Search This Blog

Sunday, July 20, 2014

He Remembers Me.

Psalm 119:49–56 (NIV),


49 Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. 50 My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. 51 The arrogant mock me unmercifully, but I do not turn from your law

52 I remember, Lord, your ancient laws, and I find comfort in them. 53 Indignation grips me because of the wicked, who have forsaken your law. 54 Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge. 55 In the night, Lord, I remember your name, that I may keep your law. 56 This has been my practice: I obey your precepts.

Father, how often to I call out to You in my disordered, dysfunctional world?  So many times I ask You to remember, to act upon Your goodness and Your promises.  You are faithful even when others that have drawn up in a firing line on my character. (Many times with good cause.) But there is always a song in the night.  Father I marvel at the times I awake in the morning still believing, still trusting, still hoping.  This is because You remembered, not me.  You granted hope.  You granted comfort.  You granted joy.  Your grace pursues me wherever I go.  I find a principle in me that runs to Your promises for mercy.  I find a principle in me that longs to obey You. This is all of Your mercy.  Your promise preserves my life for I know that You will lose none -- none will fall from Your hand.  Your laws guide my life, for the paths of righteousness are peace and joy.  Your decrees grant a solid ground to stand on and produce great music in my soul.   I thank you for the times, (few and desperately inadequate) when I am prompted to remember You.  More than this I thank You that when I fail, You remain faithful and remember me.  To God be the glory.

No comments: