Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

May I Walk The Talk!

Psalm 119:73–80 (NIV),


73 Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands. 
     74 May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word. 
75 I know, Lord, that your laws are righteous, and that in faithfulness you have afflicted me. 
     76 May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant. 
77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight. 
     78 May the arrogant be put to shame for wronging me without cause; but I will meditate on your         precepts. 
     79 May those who fear you turn to me, those who understand your statutes. 
     80 May I wholeheartedly follow your decrees, that I may not be put to shame.

Father I live among others who fear You -- in my family, my church and my community.  There are brothers and sisters in Christ who observe me.  They naturally make judgments about me. I pray that the study, the reading, the meditation and prayer in Your Word will be a testimony to others.  I certainly want to learn more about Your will; and I long that Your Word be my delight, but if it does not transform my life -- if if those in Christ do not witness a transformation of my character and a maturity in my understanding, then I am learning only to be puffed up. If I am reproached without basis then I will not worry about it because Your Word teaches me of Your love and compassion.  But Father help me not to be shamed for things for which I know better. May the instruction of Your Word and the behavior of my life be the same. I welcome Your discipline where I err for I long to be known as a follower of my God.  I pray this for the sake of Christ and for the ultimate and resounding joy of the Church. Amen.


No comments: