Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Man On A Mission

Psalm 119:9–16 (NIV),


9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. 10 I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. 11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. 12 Praise be to you, Lord; teach me your decrees. 13 With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. 14 I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. 15 I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. 16 I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.

Father there is an indissoluble link between the pursuit of purity and the delight of duty.  It seems that there is an essential connection to my desire to obey and follow Your commands and a heart that is entirely and completely happy in doing so. Can there be any other true approach to my walk as a Christian?  Do you see me trudging down the path of righteousness, dragging one foot behind the other?  Or do you see me walking with joyful adoration, like a man on a mission?  This man, Father, that pleases You, is a man that is in over his head.  His whole being is committed.  His heart, his mouth, his brain, his emotions, his values, his will -- it's all or nothing.  This man is sold out, burnt out, busting out, all over.  Father, create in me this day a heart that is so passionate for You that people see me as a man on a mission -- wholly and completely obsessed with obedience.  

Is this not why Jesus came?  Is that not why I was plucked from the burning embers of Hell and placed into the hallways of your justifying grace?  Is it not me that You spoke of when You said, "You are not your own, you were bought with a price?"   Calvary set me forever free from the drudgery of purposeless, powerless, half-hearted living.  Calvary killed me.  And now Christ gets to live through me?  No, I'm not dead.  I've never been more alive.  This works because I now can live every micro-second of this infinite journey, by faith in Chirst.  Christ in me now exclaims: "I delight in Your Word."  Hallelujah.

   

No comments: